Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter in Geneva

It wouldn't be Easter without an Easter egg hunt, at least not in this family. I loved coloring the eggs with the kids and hiding them--outside, when the weather cooperated, but often enough inside as well.

At some point I came up with the idea of hiding a "special" plastic egg with each kid's name on it. I made up clues ahead of time that would help the kids find their special egg--usually riddles or bad jokes. When they showed me their egg, they got extra candy. It got to be a lot of work to come up with different clues--and corresponding hiding places--every year! It was fun, though.

This year I cheated. Coloring your own eggs doesn't seem to be done in Geneva--I didn't see the ubiquitous Paas kits I used to buy in the U.S. But there were a lot of beautiful pre-colored eggs. And I didn't make up clues this year, either, although there was a "special" egg for Eli. (It turned out to be a hollow chocolate egg with a little plastic model car inside.)

Tony, Eli and I had a lovely time taking turns hiding and hunting for Easter eggs in one of my favorite parks in Geneva, Parc Eaux Vives. A lot of other people were enjoying Easter in the park, too:Tony and Eli read while I wandered around taking pictures:
It was a lovely day. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have had my two other Easter egg hunters here.

No comments: