Tuesday, January 29, 2008

New blogs

I added a couple of new (to me) blogs to my blogroll, WriterBear and Children's Books Chica. Both are written by fellow Lesley MFA people, with an emphasis on writing for young people. Jana, aka WriterBear, is also one of the administrative people at Lesley who helps the residencies run like well-oiled clocks. And her WIP involves--get this!--a bear. Am I right, Jana?

Children's Books Chica (what's up with that name?) is the home of Jessica, who also happens to be a senior marketing manager at a Big Name publisher in NYC. Read her blog to get the word on marketing children's books.

Right now I'm supposed to be working on a synopsis of my sci-fi road caper. Geez, don't I have a root canal that needs to be done or something? Oh, good, the dog threw up.

Why is writing a synopsis so painful? Am I being a baby about this?


----------------
Now playing: YOU'RE THE WORLD TO ME - DAVID GRAY
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

PJ Hoover said...

When you find out the answer, please let me know. Better yet, we could get kids to write synopsi (is that the plural?) They could probably sum up a book perfectly in one page or less.