Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

None. But I do have some goals.

I signed on to a 30-day writing challenge, hosted by HipWriterMama. My goal: 10,000 words of the first draft of my road trip novel by January 31.

I think that my friend and fellow kid's book writer Alice and I are going to commit to training for the Indy Mini-Marathon in May to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training, so that means getting back onto a regular exercise schedule. We have a friend who was recently diagnosed with a recurrence of lymphoma, and we'd like to do it in her honor. Running for a good cause is a terrific motivator. I'll let you all know more about how you can help out if you're interested.
And while reading this stack of books I got for my birthday and Christmas is not really a goal, it IS something I'm looking forward to. (I'm in the middle of The Paper House.)

Does anybody else have a goal for the coming year?

----------------
Now playing: Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - Humble Me
via FoxyTunes

9 comments:

Vivian Mahoney said...

Wahoo! Glad you joined in on all the fun. Happy Writing and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

My goal: complete the first draft of my historical novel, currently at 100,000+ words, by April 1. I might have to check out hipwritermama's challenge!
Pat

Sara Latta said...

That is awesome, Pat! I'm so impressed.

Anonymous said...

Great goals! If you and Alice need long run company, count me in.

Sara Latta said...

Thanks, Cara. We will probably be calling you about those long runs.

Unknown said...

and don't forget to add me to your e-mail list when you set up your fundraising webpage. My mom died of lymphoma. Thank you for dedicating your efforts to this disease.

Sara Latta said...

Now you might have me fooled. Molly, are you actually Lu and using your daughter's account? I'd love to add you to my list!

Lufus said...

I'm so busted. Molly doesn't usually sign in under my log on. I hit post before I realized I was posting as her. But please do add me to your list!

Sara Latta said...

Sure thing, Lu.